Friday 11 June 2010

Internet Movie News

There are so many movie news websites it's untrue, and those are just the "official" ones, not the news blogs. Every so often, I get riled by a bit of news and occasionally post about it in here, like my reaction to news about the Crow. (not THE Crow, by Alex Proyas). So, I have listed a few recent news nuggets that confound me or just plain irritate, or that I think is worth mentioning;

Rosamund Pike - as Emma Frost in the upcoming X-Men: First Class. Great bit of casting if it comes off. She showed her attitude in Die Another Day and has the looks.

Jamie Bell as Spider-Man. Well, Peter Parker. Great choice! If it comes off I'd support this. He's got far more depth and range than some of the muppets put forward so far.

Mr T says that the new A-Team is too violent. I say "Get some Nuts, you crazy Foo!!!"

Indy 5 will be about the Bermuda Triangle. Good grief! Let Harrison retire gracefully!

Fox naming Die Hard 5 - Die Hard 24/7. Jeeez! If Fox still own the 24 TV series property then that's as dumb as interfering with the Wolverine movie! 24 the movie will not have the same impact.

Kim Kardashian as Lara Croft - in the old days, they used to get busty models to represent Lara Croft on Tomb Raider release dates. Nell McAndrew and Rhona Mitra have both lent their services to the role. However, it was Angelina Jolie that initially  played her in two movies. Ok, so they pumped her chest up for the first film but they had the good sense to let her play the part normally in the sequel. Whilst the role doesn't need a powerful actress in the role, it needs more than a big set of puppies. KK is not the way forward.
I'm not sure how tall she is but I'd go for Kat Dennings. Actually, i'd go for Kat Dennings in anything. Why isn't she in any films I like?

1 comment:

Cinema News said...

Thanks the movie news info.........