Wednesday 10 June 2009

Terminator 5: Taking the Piss

Image poached from mannythemovieguy


Bleeding Cool has posted this article.

You'd think I'd be pleased that the movie will potentially be set in London, but I wish they'd just leave the franchise alone. My recent review of Salvation recognised that a lot of work was put into the film but the story left a lot to be desired. So, I have little faith in a 5th production. Movie studios have got to realise that movies are successful for a myriad of reasons. Terminator 3 showed that, despite Jonathan Mostow's grand attempt, you can't match the Cameron vision. So, why bother?

And...if it turns out that the story is true, that Connor travels back to 2011, I will be pissed off. The Star Trek franchise showed how badly Time Travel can screw up with a story (apart from the recent reboot that is) the Terminator franchise is now a mess.

No comments: