Saturday 13 February 2010

Walking Dead Casting Rumours


Check out the article below for "rumoured" possibilities for the casting of the lead character; Rick Grimes

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19089?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bloody-disgusting+%28Bloody+Disgusting+Horror+News%29

The author of the article is right. The casting of Rick is key to the success of the series. I don't feel Bamber has the emotional range. Pelligrino? He might cut it. I've not seen Townsend in anything but he doesn't look right.

2 comments:

ZedWord said...

I've only seen Pellegrino play nasty characters. He hasn't been Jacob very long (and Jacob's kind of an aloof character), but he plays a right bastard as Lucifer on Supernatural and the boyfriend in Dexter.

I was quite happy with Bamber's work on BSG, so I could see him in that role.

At least all these folks appear to be good actors. That's a start.

wayfarer said...

I take your point, mate, but if you recall Pellegrino's acting in both Dexter and Supernatural, he has a soft side that he taps into very well. Consider the changes that Rick goes through (the rage that he expresses), I'm not convinced Bamber has the range. I like him, but not for this role.