Wednesday 6 October 2010

Film News - 20101006

                                 I'm really cute as a redhead. Hang on, I'm a blonde.....




Spiderman - the reboot

Emma Stone (the TV series Drive, Zombieland) has been cast as Gwen Stacy alonside Andrew Garfield's Spiderman in the latest attempt to bring the super-hero to the big screen. It seems those who do the casting are fixating on the fact she's a natural blonde. Normally, Emma wears her hair as a shade of red, plays feisty roles and would be perfect as Mary Jane-Watson. In Spiderman 3 we had a natural red head with her hair dyed platinum blonde play Gwen Stacy whilst the insipid Kirsten Dunst carried on playing Mary Jane Watson. Bizarre.

Wolverine - The Japan Adventure

                                                                            Blah, blah, blah, I'm not listening....



This new movie better not be called X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2. The first sucked, big time, for reasons I highlighted here; Why Wolverine sucked - the short version (long version for fanboy idiots like me pending). So, I have little hope for a sequel. It's set in Japan but you just know they won't follow the cool parts of the original Limited Series properly. Anyway, for those that care Darren (director of The Wrestler) Aronovsky is in talks to direct it. Except this news is ancient, so why is it now news again?


Unless the script is well written, if I was Aronovsky I'd run from this. Gavin Hood had a decent rep before he took on the original. People in the business who actually take film seriously probably laughed at him after watching Origins of Something I once actually liked. Fox fucked up another franchise. Left alone, I hope that a decent film could be made but remain sadly pessimistic.

The Exorcist on Blu-Ray


One of the few horror movies where it does exactly what it says on the tin, or plastic amray case. The only movie to give me the shits, well not literally the shits but it scared me so much I found it very difficult to walk around with the light off. Well, there was the banging into things because I couldn't see, but it made me scared of the dark for a little while. Strange, now, because it's very slow until the girl grabs the psych by the family jewels and then it gets a mixture of scary and silly. "Your Mother sows socks in hell" and all that. But I've gone and ordered the Blu-Ray. It's still a stunningly filmed movie and great for Halloween. I actually liked the last version of it, too. What was it called? "The new latest version that the director approved to get a bit more money". Something like that.

No comments: