Thursday 11 March 2010

DVD Review: Ninja

80's STYLE LOW BUDGET ACTION MOVIE FUN
Big Mike has reviewed Scott Adkins (The Bourne Ultimatum, X-Men Origins: Wolverine) Ninja movie which reminds me of the entertaining 80s movies that used to go straight to VHS, like American Ninja. I can't find fault with this movie. Ok, I could if I wanted to but it is what it is; a genuinely entertaining movie that doesn't try to be another. More often than not, low budget film making studios rush to get ahead of a big budget version. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE MOVIES. It'd be easy to accuse it of being so because of the Ninja Assassin movie but Ninja bears no relation to that Wachowski brother produced gorefest.
I've yet to see Ninja Assassin to comment on it, but a review will appear soon.
Action film fans should find this a pleasant diversion from some of it's more cynical bigger budget cousins.

No comments: